Monday, April 4, 2011

Azu's Top Ten List of Songs (Part One.)

Day Four.

Anyways, there's a varied amount of music I like, but these ten songs are probably the ones that just make my day whenever I listen to them. Look 'em up, maybe you'll like them and then we can do...I dunno, things and talk about music. Whatever.

Number Ten

The Final Countdown--Europe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt_ro2aerQg

Do do do, do do dooo.
Oh yes. You know this.
Do do do do. Do do do do do dooo.

Yes! This song makes number ten, if only because come on. This one song is the song you CAN NOT properly sing to, unless you do the whole scat singy beginning part. It's just not the same either wise. Seriously. If you fail to do that part, you're just not getting the full effect. If you don't do it, try it next time. If you do, high five.

Number Nine
Skullcrusher Mountain by Jonathan Coulton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_ryNJVreiY

There's just...something about this song. This video in particular. While I don't have it on my iPod, I definitely could listen to it over. And over. And over. It's very catchy, and a very quirky, amusing song. This guy also did Still Alive, for those of you who listen to that. And besides, who doesn't love the line, "And I'm so into you/But I'm way too smart for you."

Come on.

Number Eight
Vanilla Twilight by Owl City
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIz2K3ArrWk

I've had an odd relationship with Owl City. I really didn't like them at the beginning when they first became popular. Mainly it was because another of the songs, Fireflies, was played bloody everywhere. Drove me nuts. Of course, the song got into my head, and I found myself singing along.

And then, someone (*coughs.*) gave me a link to this song. Spent the next half hour listening to this song over and over. I really like this one, but it doesn't lurk on my iPod. Definitely a good song.

Number Seven
Never Too Late by Three Days Grace
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2ZwXj1tXM&feature=artistob&playnext=1&list=TL1XYsbTlEzZg

I like this song. Another one that doesn't live on my iPod, but DC101, our local rock station, plays it all the time. So chances are, in a good few hour period, I'll get my Three Days Grace fix. This is one of those songs I've heard for a long time. It just kind of lurks in my memory, but I know it's there. And I like it. Sort of a familiar, comfortable song. You know?

Number Six
Letters from the Sky by Civil Twilight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wa7dFR09vU

Stars real frikking slow, but man does it pick up. I really like this song. It was played on the radio all the time, but then they stopped. Still, this is one of those songs I'll immediately recognize and warble (I've been told I can't sing. I don't think I'm all that bad...) In the end, I really do love this song. :3

So yeah. Part One of my Top Favorite Songs. Next batch, it gets real good as we hit number one in my favorite list. All time favorite too. Man, will it be hard to pick. Till then, check out a few of these, tell me what you think.

-Azu

2 comments:

  1. Yay, two of my favorites made it to your list (and I think I was even the one to tell you about one of them :D). Shame that they weren't higher up, but eh, looking forward to seeing the rest. :P

    PS. Owl City is one person. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant 'they' in that vague not wanting to refer to gender sense.

    ...Totally. Really. I swear. And yeah, that was you who linked Vanilla Twilight.

    ReplyDelete